It surely is Halloween Time

Well, they played "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and it's starting to really feel like Halloween. Certainly, I've had my decorations up for a bit now...I do love getting into the spirit of it all. This wasn't always the case. At one time, I didn't really celebrate Halloween and just waited till Christmas. Now, it's just a good feeling to do something silly and fun with the kids (or just for oneself).

Last week, we kicked off the Halloween season with a party at the museum. This was a lot of fun but it was too low on chocolate...maybe, I missed out on it but there just seemed to be a lack of candy. This is pretty ironic as I'm the one who usually complains about too much candy...I guess I feel sort of like I'd like to have some. My mom (thanks, Mom!!) sent the kids caramel tootsie pops. Oh-my-gosh! They are SO good!! I love them and want to buy several bags to keep for rewards for me! lol! Everyone ought to have rewards of the candy kind. I remember my dad would have a box of snickers just for him...lol!

There is so much to do at home and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a cold, again. I thought I was getting one last week, but it seems to be a true cold this time. I was hoping to skip the fever/stuffy/runny nose and so on. My ear is totally stuffed and I feel dizzy from the feeling in there. I hate this. Hopefully, it will pass quickly.

It's raining right now...not too chilly but smells really good. I hope the weather is nice this weekend as we're getting Harry baptized. I'm nervous and excited about this as well. Plus, my bestfriend is supposed to be coming in for the baptism and this is why I'm stressing out so much. I hope it all goes well...we've got SO much planned and I just need to take each day as it comes. It will all work out even if we're a bit damp from the rain.

At least a few good things are happening. Jon is getting better from his cold and the gals are nearly clear. The other good thing is the pumpkin search for the museum is finally up! So, if you're in the area and would like to try this out for your class, give it a try! :)

Comments

Popular Posts