I have a headache

Sorry for being such a big complainer lately...but I feel icky and crabby. My head is still suffering from a cold/allergy combo, I guess. There aren't any flowers out yet and when the door is open it feels like we live on a glacier with snow/ice melting but still very cold. At least it's sunny.

I have to venture out soon and get my allergy shot and pick-up Jon's package from the post. I feel so crabby I don't want to do anything. I think I might not try to submit for the local juried show as I feel like the slides won't get here in time. I guess I'm depressed about that too. There is just so much cost to submit/frame the stuff. Very annoying and I feel like my energy is too low. I think having to take care of the gals straight for a month, worrying for loved ones, and just the change in weather is taking it's toll. Don't get me started on house cleaning/care. Maybe the allergy shot will make me feel a bit better but anyone who knows me, knows how much I enjoy shots. ugh.

I would love to spend some time doing some art work but I feel like I'm fractured into several pieces with tending the gals (who are playing somewhat quietly in their room right now) and life. I guess this is the feeling that most women/men who stay at home feel. I even felt like "Oh, another day of cleaning/etc." I tried to ignore this feeling but it's there and I feel sort of caught between worlds. I don't think anyone is meant to do just one thing for a long period of time. It would be maddening and frustrating.

I guess being sick has brought this all out as I can only do small projects at a time and would really like to spend two-three hours a day to get these things done. There comes a time when you've thought about something enough and you have to act.

In other news, I'm 3/4 finished with my Graphic Novel. I can't believe it but it's there. I've started the annoying task of putting it on the computer for 1st editing. The good thing is I've got all the books I need to start putting my research in there and then the best part of illustrating! I just wish I had more time...but it will happen and it will be finished/published. I've already decided that if I don't get accepted by a publisher, I will be self publishing.

Oddly, having typed this out my headache has lightened up a tad. Curious...

Comments

Popular Posts