Rise and Shine before 7am (PART 1)

The sky is over cast, the sun has barely stretched her arms past the hills and roof tops and both my girls were chanting "mama, mama!" in their room. Both standing bright eyed, diaper full, and smiles. Me, I look like a hamster face. If you've ever had a hamster, you know this look. As hamsters sleep in the day you have had to see the look of half closed eyes, slightly to very ruffled fur and scrunched nose. That's a hamster look and I was sporting it as I stiffly walked to my kids door, telling them to hush, hush so as not to wake me more(?). I don't know what I was thinking...just wanted to go back to bed...Obviously, that didn't work as I'm typing here at 7:55am as they watch Arthur (I can tell by the voices from the TV).

My little muffins chanted mama and the dog downstairs barked to go outside. What is the world coming too? Why is everyone getting up so freaking early? It's summertime; sleep in time. Dragon tails. That's the show that's on now...

I guess this means I need to start the day and get busy. My sister and her family left on Tuesday and I'm still recuperating. It was an intense, active five days. I don't think I mind being a home body very much. We went to so many places and yet they went out even more then me. My nephew, Ben, is super active and he only eats very little sugar! Maybe he'll become a mountain climber when he's an adult...something to do with the great outdoors, that's for sure. Katie, my niece, is a bit quieter and more reserved. She reads books like she's eating the most delicious meal. Apparently, she read the new Harry Potter book in two days. The kid is only nine years old! Amazing!

There are tons of pictures I want to put up but I still need to get them developed. I love ye olden film. I love digital too. I love them both, actually. It's a matter of time which I use and I used them both to excess. I'm a shutter maniac and I've got piles of pictures and rolls of film to prove it.

I've been working on another post but I don't know how much I'll repeat and how much I'll forget. Hopefully, I'll remember most of it. My sis came on Friday and I had been sprinting around the house cleaning here and there and just working my self up to a highly volatile level. I snapped at the kids and finally gave them to the grand folks much to the little ones relief and mine. Then when my sis came we all walked over to the grand folks house and chatted. Then back to our house. They cooed over my hallway and liked the little improvements we made. I was happy.

The next day, Jon was off to work for a few hours (till 11am). In that time frame it seemed like hell was unleashed. The regular hum drum of life, early morning coffee and breakfast and all things normal went on and then my kitchen ceiling light cover fell down. I mean it splashed down with the force of a God. It slapped down with at least 15 gallons of water. I thought my sister had fallen (she's prone to falling because of her weak knees) and dropped a pitcher of water. But thank the stars, she was fine and thank the heavens no one was in the kitchen except for Mr. Nelson. He was doused with water and had a look that can be only described as "What the hell?" His legs were wet and I don't think he was hit by the plastic light covering. Basically, the pipe in the bathroom facet broke and water had built up in the ceiling. We have a drop ceiling so it had accumulated in the light fixture covering and stretched the insulation to be flush with the drop ceiling. Fear and amazement overwhelmed me. There was a rush of towels, chaos and trying to calmly call the plumber, my dad-in-law and just not freak out. After all of this, my brother-in-law wants to go out and we drive around to McDonalds, go to a park. We come home and the plumber comes as soon as my husband leaves to get some supplies. It was very taxing and stressful. I must mention that my brother-in-law is very high maintenance. If he gets stressed he starts to get very hyper and quick tempered. Honestly, I don't really know how my sis handles it. It's almost like something triggers an obsessive behavior or anxiety that makes him really fly off into Huan world and he has to do everything really fast and his way. I think therapy would be a good thing...but to get him to do anything of that nature is impossible.

Fortunately, he wasn't too crazy (that happened later on). The day proceeded, my nerves were raw and the plumber said it would cost 2000 to fix. I was like oh, God no! Then my DH called the plumber and found out it would be only 200 for him (the contractor would be the high part, if we don't do it ourselves...repair the bath walls). The ceiling would be fine and dry out (which it did) and the plumber arrives today after a few days of bucket baths...which aren't that bad, really.

That was day one. The next day was hot and a bit humid especially for those of us without working air conditioning. My sister was like, it's not that bad, actually. I'm like, because you have air conditioning in your car, dear (through gritted teeth). We arrived at the fair and were immediately greeted by war veterans gesturing which way to park. I knew they were war veterans because they're arms had been amputated and they had prosthetics and were older (most likely from the Vietnam war). I imagine we'll be seeing lots more of that on younger people as the years go by.

We went up to the fair and there was a petting zoo of farm animals and a lama. Cute, we took a few pics. Then off to the exhibits where I got to see the results for the art show. I won 1st place for my rabbit painting!!! I was surprised and thrilled. It is my first blue ribbon. I also got a 3rd place for another watercolor I did. I was very happy and surprised. I can officially say, I'm award winning. : ) Next year, I'm going to enter a few more paintings and maybe even a crocheted blanket or knitted shawl. We shall see. There were lots of exhibits and various food stuffs and vegetables. I wish I knew how to can. It looks like hard work but so frugal.

After this, we walked to the animals...they were having an auction on pigs when we arrived. There were so many horses and cows and so big! You really feel small next to these guys. And there were little horses and sheep and cows and rabbits. Apparently, it got to be so hot that a few animals died, unfortunately. When we got there, most of the chickens were gone. It got to hot for some of them and a few died. Very sad. When you enter an animal, you have to go to the fair every day and tend to them. It would get taxing after awhile. I was thinking of having a booth but now, I'm not sure. It was so hot...in the high 80's. Again, thinking of global warming...

Well, I saw some very beautiful rabbits...angora and I'm thinking about getting one or two. They look very sweet but I'd need to have two places for them to live for the seasons. So, this is something to think about in the future.

When we left, Lydia was like you forgot my rabbit! And then she started to cry and I had to explain to her we needed a cage first. This made sense to her and we were able to leave with only a few protests.

Well, there is much more but I've got to tend to the kids. This will be part 1. The next part will have pics and more descriptions.

Comments

Popular Posts