Humid and sick and allergies...

I've got a cold, it's humid, my left ear is clogged and I ran out of decongestant. The good news is Mr. Nelson is being doggie sat at grandpa's, Norrie is taking a nap and I think Lydia is ready to go down in a bit. I feel like making mini-quilts but feel icky and annoyed. I've been stuffing my quilts in my sewing box (to avoid little hands) and when I take them out they are all messed up...pieces everywhere. This is frustrating from someone is messy but not with her art projects. Sigh. I'm going to take some empty shoe boxes and make them my project box, I think.

I'm excited because I'm getting some free material from Mimi of www.mimikirchner.com/blog/. I can't wait.

I did my interview yesterday, and dang I felt good about that. Even though I was congested and suffering from the humidity (car air conditioner is busted and I pushed the stroller up to grandparents house (up as in uphill) in red hazy humidity. I think the total weight of the stroller was close to 100 pounds...with Mr. Nelson tied to the stroller. It was not easy to say the least).

Fortunately, today I don't have to worry about going out too much. I was planning to go out actually, but I left my keys at the grandparents and they took forever to bring them down. I should have pestered Jon to get them.

Yesterday, after the interview I removed wallpaper and this was probably a mistake. I should have taken a nap but I just felt like attacking wall paper. Hopefully I'll do some more today and then I can start on the bottom half. This is the worse wallpaper I've ever seen. It's even on the ceiling. Painted over. 5-6 layers deep. It's ancient and at first it was a little fun to remove now it's like WHEN THE HECK WILL THIS BE FINISHED!!!! Plus, no one's helping me because they are I don't know what's. My sis-in-law is like I should help you. And I'm like yes! Come on over. She then says, "I don't like removing wallpaper." Gee, thanks. She's at home watching fireflies...and I'm sweating bullets removing aged wallpaper.

Oh, and the fireflies are back! I didn't see any but I'm going to keep an eye out tonight.

I feel all sick and want to be taken care of but I have to take care of everyone else. Wah! I'm being a big sicky baby.

Anyway, at least it's sunny and bright. I miss the dry hot sun of California. Of course, I would watch it from the window as I don't tan but turn a lovely shade of reddish purple.

Comments

Popular Posts