First Day of Summer...

and of course, the fireflies are out! How very poetic as well as good timeing. Lovely.

Hope you all had a good summer soltice. I spent my day mostly on the back porch, working on illustration friday, cleaning, and chasing two little gals that appear to have summer in their viens. A great day...even my allergies and headache seemed to fade a bit.

Stuff I'm into lately:
1. Nora Jones (though after listening to her CD for the 5th or so time, I'm like why are the songs so typical. The songs are primarialy a woman waiting/wanting a man to save her or turn her on? Very annoying and actually a bit disappointing to hear from this beautiful voice)
2. Pom Pom critters (I've made about 14 of these guys from this project pack I got at AC Moore. I've got the glue gun burns to prove it)
3. Sunday morning Jaffa Mosque Flea Market. I'm trying to get myself to be there when it opens. I know all the good stuff has been nabbed by the time I get there...nuts!
4. Reading my flea market book finds...mostly suspense and mystery paper backs.
5. Knitting and sewing. I'm working on mini-quilts that I'm going to have a store for on my webpage...and I'll showcase them here.
6. Playing on the back porch with the kids and being there with my kids.
7. Fretting about my sister coming to visit and I haven't finished a darn thing! Plus, my bestfriend might be coming at the same time. I'm seriously worried as we only have one bathroom!
8. Trying to get the last bit of wallpaper off.
9. Trying to find the energy to do this while on strong antibiotecs for my ear infection. I still can't hear out of my left ear...but this isn't too surprising as it's been like this for years.
10. Cursing myself for not training the dog to poop only outdoors instead of on newspaper. We're working on it...sigh.
11. Getting ready for the Bedford County Fair.
That's it for now!

Comments

Popular Posts