Home repair...!

Well, it is now a few days later and between the roof being shingled and down pour of rain (which caused flooding in some parts!), we have survived. Our roof leaked and all the bedrooms have been stained with what looks like tea. Annoying to say the least. But the roofer guy is going to paint it all up, so that is good at least.

I have a bit of a headache. I think it's sinus pressure related and housing stress. I feel all puffy faced and I can hardly wait until the roof is finished. They're putting a lot of stuff on the roof, new things, I guess to protect it and weather proof it. Having a new roof makes the rest of your house look really, really shabby. I can't believe how bad our windows look upstairs and we're going to get safety and facia for under the eves. There is lead paint all over and unfortunately it's sprinkling down everytime they hammer. We're going to have to clean up as much as possible and I'm thinking we're going to have to do some major landscaping (clean dirt over the old dirt). Very frustrating.

So, this is my latest entry. Not too exciting. I'd get some snaps of the guys working, they look like characters...but I have a feeling they'd get all shy and annoyed. :)

Easter was rainy and the discovery of leaking bedrooms at midnight. The roofer guy came out at 1 in the morning and covered and patched. He's a good roofer.

The girls are doing good and we went for a little walk around the neighborhood and stopped at grandma and grandpa's for a visit. My eldest didn't want to leave but eventually poor grandpa got her down. Lydia can be a bit head strong, like me.

I hope I'm not getting the flu from the grandparents. I'm pretty sure I gave it to them in the first place. It was an awful flu and one most people feel like they can hardly survive but do.

I actually watched television last night and they had this program on PBS about the tsunami of Sumatra in the 1800's. Very interesting and devastating.

Yesterday was so beautiful with absolutely perfectly blue skies. I almost forgot what the sun looked like and how gorgeous this area really is. I hope we get a few more like that. It's supposed to rain for 3 days but I hope it's not as serious.

Mr. Nelson is getting used to the roofers and isn't barking as much. This is a relief to say the least.

This Saturday we're going to the humane society and volunteer with our UU group. I'm annoyed because Jon's work said they need people to do over time work on Saturday. He's going to try and get out of it. I want to volunteer (it's only for 3 hours) so, we'll see. Plus, Jon's folks are having a concert (they're in choir) later that afternoon. I just hope they'll watch the kids for a few hours in the morning. It's going to be tricky. So much is happening. Plus, Lydia's birthday is on Tuesday and I haven't gotten anything really ready for that. I do have the cake materials ready to make and I have to make it in the shape of a totoro (she loves the film "My neighbor, Totoro). It was this or Wallace and Gromit (a claymation film we watch quite often). I think a totoro will be easier. :)

That's it for now.

Comments

Popular Posts