Being Hypothyroid and treatment

I've been having treatment since March, now. Last month, I found out I was lower then I should be and they upped my perscription. The difference is night and day. Within a few days, I was feeling nearly my old self. I've still lost feeling in my fingers and feet but gosh, I feel more in my fingers...painful almost. It's incredible just to feel the pain on some odd level. Like I'm alive, I'm here. I hope this starts helping my feet. I would love to feel my feet being tickled again.

Energy is up. Even my colds aren't as bad. I have to be extremely strict with gluten. If not, I feel my throat swell. No cakes or cookie or most things I like for me. :( I had Chinese food and suffered from that. Depressing. Still, it forces me to make my own Chinese meals but darn it, sometimes you just want Chinese food take out. :( When will a restaurant have gluten free around here? Sigh.

No pasta, and I have been snacking less because I don't feel hungry. No change in appearance or size, yet. I hope there is something in that regard.

I'm proud of my self but I need to change my habits. I should be sleeping right now but am typing. Signing off in a few. But I had to update and say, I am so happy that my body isn't trapped in a sluggish world of numbness. I feel like I was in a strange fog compared to what I feel now. I know this isn't about my art but if our bodies are our artwork, I see how feelings and state of minds can be so important. Oddly, I had so many strategies to help me manage what I was going through, I feel like they make me happier as a person. I still need to learn to let go of some fears or awkwardness or rather make stepping stones and blocks to get to the point of feeling more comfortable.

One of the other things I'm amazed at is, I'm not as embarrassed and my voice feels stronger. I feel stronger.

One thing is if you are hypothyroid do not take your med before blood work. It will screw up your results. Also, if you suspect you are hypo, and get tested with a normal range. Get a second opinion as soon as possible. I wasted three years of my life thinking I was going insane because of my body crashing around me. So much stress, depression and anxiety for nothing. Trust your body and signs. I wish I had but am so, so glad it was finally caught. I am very grateful for my mom catching her's and encouraging me to get tested. <3 nbsp="" p="">
Have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts