Feeling a bit better...

It's odd how the little things get blown up into huge weights if you are not feeling 100%. I was feeling lousy, maybe a little cold, a slight infection in my foot (from not knowing a nail was stuck in my shoe/digging into my foot) and the weather changing. I felt awful, physically and just really grumpy/tired. I finally felt better after a long nap and countless odd dreams. 

As soon as I woke up and took in my surroundings, I felt better and more my self. It was a relief. The only pain is in my neck and side...as if I have a cold coming on. Either way, I'm trying to allow my self to ease into feeling better and not rushing/getting upset about the small stuff. You have no idea how much time I wasted feeling down and negative. I could have been making all sorts of fun art and just enjoying life but instead I was in a wallow. Even the stuff tween kids said bothered me and made me hurt when I KNOW what they are saying is kid stuff and not to let it get to me. But I did. From now on, when this happens (hopefully not any more, after our talk), I will go outside and walk around the garden and yard. I think this is one of the annoying things about living in a cold climate...you forget to enjoy the outside because you're always inside staying warm. But not any more. I'm making going outside a gift and habit to encourage. 

Well, I had a long nap (hence, the reason I'm up so late). All I know is if you're feeling sad/grumpy do something nice for your self. Either take a nap, have some tea, eat some chocolate or go for a walk. There is no reason to wallow. Well, maybe wallow for 5 - 10 minutes and then let it go. You'll feel better and be better for those around you.

During my angst these past few days, I've been doing decoupage art. I really enjoy it and am going to photograph some goodies once I feel a bit better. It's different then my usual style but very enjoyable and beautiful. I highly recommend trying it out.

I've also been researching youtube videos on decoupage and some pinterest inspirations as well.  Have a good week! 

Comments

Popular Posts