Awesome windy day

Another Saturday of wind and sunshine. A tad cold but fun. I'd be out flying a kite but we've got some stuff to do.  Hopefully, it will still be windy later on.

So far, the cat pushed out the screen and jumped out of the porch. Jon had to climb up a ladder to get him down...Finn! He was crying and the dogs started to cry too...but mostly because they had to go in the house and not be part of the excitement of getting Finn down. Anyway, all is well and the kitty is safe and sound. Stinkin' kitty.

I'm grateful for longer days and more sun. Of course, wear your sunblock, all year really. i found some great tips for watercolor art. I never thought of using a varnish on my work before. so, I will have to find a bottle and try it out. I hope it works well. It would be great if it did.

I was browsing pinterest and boy, what fun and what great ideas. So, I feel inspired and excited to try new techniques on some of my projects. I really, really want to make time to get things finished up. It seems I'm constantly battling to keep afloat of chores and really, it's not fair for one person to do it all. I wouldn't want to do that to anyone...let alone me. I'm going to get organized about how chores are done and by whom. If everyone pitched in, a half hour a day, it would get accomplished and quickly. What normally happens is I do 4 hours of chores a day and little to no time to do work/research/sell my work,etc. So, the lazy's have to be banished and people need to take responsibilities...other than me.

I'm also repairing a Soshi screen my sil gave me. It was torn up from her cat and I had to remove the screen. I've gotten 80% removed and have to flip it to get the other half. I have rice paper and I hope it fits...other wise, I will do 2 screen panels with rice paper and the other two with some other paper/material. It's all fun. We are all screens here...I have another one I'm repairing...I used cardboard covered in fabric but the panels fell out (or were punched out). Either way, I'm going to use fabric strips instead to give it a more cohesive feel. If I can get some cheap cork board, I'll add that.

one of my newer wood carvings~
I got my new foot pedal for my sewing machine...oh, I'm excited to try this!! It should allow me to do some free motion sewing for my art quilts. I hope I can do it well and not hurt my self in  the process.

We've got a hundred ideas...one is a pit greenhouse...might be a few years for that. The raised bed/hoop garden is definitely happening and I'm so excited about that. It will be work but fun. Hopefully, we can get the large tree trimmed if it's not too damaged from age/crashes. Might have to get it taken out.










Comments

Popular Posts