Good-bye Simone

My Lydia with Simone
From a few years ago, Lydia holding Simone

Today Simone crossed to the Rainbow Bridge at 11:45 am. I am glad I was here to be with her as she slipped away. She didn't suffer and I was able to pet her till the end. She was such a loving devoted kitty. I'm so glad I had her in my life and that she chose me. I will always remember how she was the last from the litter to move from the line of kittens. All the kittens went in different directions; she came straight to me like a little turtle going to the sea. We've been inseperable since that day. I never had to worry about her wandering off, a low whistle or jingle of my keys and she would be there. For the last few days, I've held her and loved her the best I could. I'm pleased to note she had one of her favorite foods before going on...cheddar cheese and doritos (she would lick those clean and crunch them up in her youth). I still can't believe she is gone. I told her it was all right if she did and I will miss her. I told her if she could, get reborn as a kitten and we'll find each other again. Or just watch us from above.

I'm thankful for my other cats but there is a hole in my heart. Again, I'm so, so glad I was here for her. She's comforted me many times and it's only right for me to do the same. Good-bye, my lovely Gray Lady, my Simone-ia Begonia.

100_0413
a few years ago

from January 2013

Comments

vivian said…
aww.. I really am so sorry to hear this. I just know exactly how that loss feels. but you loved her and gave her a good home. I think we will get to see our fur babies again someday. How old were you when you got Her? I had my flannel from age 5 to 24.. I thought the world had ended when I lost her. anyways.. again.. big hugs to you.
(((hugs)))
Lisa said…
I'm sorry for your loss. :(
Emily said…
Thank you, Vivian and Lisa~

I was about 18 when she was born. It's such an empty, gone feeling even if you expect mentally. And, of course, it brings up other losses as well. Thank you both so much for writing and sharing. It helps to know others feel like this and have been through this as well. <3

Popular Posts