strangley spinning

I will have to remember that November thru December is the busiest time of the year. I'm thankful for only having cold weather, little ice and no snow (yet). I can't believe how many activities there are....too many, honestly. But it's all starting to calm down, sort of. We still have to muddle through a few more activities and then we can relax. 

Why do we do so much? I'm thankful for our traditions and being able to do things, but it does seem like an awful lot. And most seems to fall on the homemaker of the family...or the one who is inclined towards making the nest. I'm tired just thinking about it all and it's barely the beginning of Monday. 

I think all the lovely feeling of this time of the year is marred but the terrible things that happened on Friday. A part of me doesn't want to think about it, the loss of so much life cut short much too soon. It saddens me to think how vulnerable we all are and makes me afraid because we have school in our lives. 

I've been praying for the survivors and hoping that out of this madness something good will happen. I don't know if this could have ever been prevented. Illness, of this sort, is so unpredictable and could have happened anywhere. 

Make Me Brave for Life

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.

Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,

Shining and lovely again.

God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.

As the blown grass lifts, let me rise

From sorrow with quiet eyes,

Knowing Thy way is wise.

God, make me brave, life brings

Such blinding things.

Help me to keep my sight;

Help me to see aright

That out of dark comes light.

And I wanted to share a link about anger management. I feel strongly that many people have these issues and need ways to express themselves that aren't hurtful to people. I've done that too...hurt people when I was feeling sad/angry. What helps is to do many of the actions in the link. Exercise, write out your feelings, or if you have to, seek professional help. Lashing out at people is unhealthy and only makes you feel worse. Also, for the person who gets in the line of fire, confusion and fear of pain or worse. 

My church shared this from the National Association of School Psychologists. This actually is helping me as a parent deal with the distressing events of late.

I'm praying many will remember to express themselves in a healthy way and we can learn to be better people from all of this. Remember to love one another, that each of us has pain and sorrow in our lives and to forgive petty issues.

Comments

Popular Posts