Snowy day...finally

It's a snowy day, at last. We've had rain, cold and now finally a bit of snow. I'm actually looking forward to it. I hope it's not too bad and a gentle snow. I guess we'll find out.

My sinus stuff is still bothering me/headache/migraine mix w/ ear pain. Whine, whine whine

Happily, my ankle is feeling better and maybe it's not a hairline fracture like I was starting to worry about. So far, little pain and mostly from the plantar facetious (I think that's how it's spelled).

an older pic of Penny with Finn sleeping nearby
I said let's go for a walk and Penny ran over, so I'll have to keep this short.  The kids are off of school today and we are taking extra easy. The best way to start a holiday break. There is much to do...cookies to bake, ornaments to make for gifts and packages still to be wrapped. I still haven't sent a single card out. I'm terrible. I might wait till Jan 1. Honestly, I was waiting for Harry's school pics to arrive but we didn't get them yet. :( So, maybe I'll send out once I get that. Also, I actually want to go and get some photos done at JC Penny's or using my tripod with the family. we shall see.

I feel like this year has been so, so sad on many levels. I still can't believe my aunt and dear daddy are gone. And my beloved, Mr. Nelson went too. The tragedy with the school children in Ct and the child that died in Altoona is so much to bear...so much loss. I keep praying for the hearts of the living and all they have suffered.

I've heard people saying how could God let things happen?  I don't think this is a matter of God allowing things to happen. We are all given the ability to make choices in our life. What it does show is how very important it is to make choices that do good and won't hurt people. It goes back to that old Golden Rule.

"Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss." –Laozi

25And one day an authority on the law stood up to put Jesus to the test. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to receive eternal life?”
26What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you understand it?” 27He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind.’(Deuteronomy 6:5) And, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ”
28“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do that, and you will live.”.

Keep this in mind in all things. If we did, the choice is easy and life will be easier for many people. 

Comments

Popular Posts