Baking and such

I just love this, the President playing with a Spider kid. :)

I baked a double batch of oatmeal/chocolate chip and raisin cookies. I doubt if it will survive till Christmas. I'm planning to bake another gingerbread cake (2, in fact) and if I have time, more cookies. I feel tired just thinking about it.

We're supposed to get a storm. We're not prepared in the least. Hopefully, this is mostly talk and not so bad.

Yesterday, I had a migraine and was feeling really awful. My ankle hurt like heck, my head was pounding and I had sinus/ear pain. My ear is ringing but not so bad as yesterday. However, my ankle is about 75% better.

Ever since those kids were hurt, I've been feeling so, so sad about everything. I know it has to do with my dad's leaving us and just everything that has happened. I don't write too much about stuff that happens at home because I don't really understand a lot of what is happening. I mean in relation to how some people can't let go and some can and move on. I tend to think that most people can move on but there are some who would rather try and raise the dead then embrace the time we have right now.

A lot of sad things have happened (again, I don't want to talk about it) but what it comes down to is people just being cruel and hurtful. These people don't think they are hurting anyone especially children, but they are. Denying aid, being mean to children's parents and friends, this all effects kids. It breaks my heart that there is this attitude.

I don't talk about religion or my belief too much on here...well, maybe I do if you're atheist, lol. But I have always liked the quote from the bible that goes: Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

I have thought about this many, many times. Yes, I'm not perfect and have made mistakes in my life. However, I am working on it and learning from my mistakes. It makes me sad that some people do not do this...in fact, they don't even seem reflective of anything but the sawdust in other people's eyes.

What bothers me the most is, time is passing and people are behaving badly. Their intent is to make other people feel pain, I guess. I don't understand this, revengeful attitude especially when nothing was done to deserve it. It reminds me all too much of how my father lost his 2nd home because someone held a grudge and then cashed in. Of course, this person didn't believe in anything but money. And I know some of it was that my dad was mentally and physically ill.

I pray for people to change their hearts and know that they aren't just hurting grownups but children. Did anyone ever do this to their kids & parents when they were young? Why would anyone do this to others?? Sorry for being so vague, but it's beyond me to understand cruelty.

Okay, I feel better getting this off my chest. Life is too short. Why not make this the best world one can make and work together? How much more effective if energy like this was put into doing good and being kind? How much more would you attract good things in one's life? How much more would the community appreciate you and lift you up?

One of my idol's is Jimmy Stewart's character in "It's a Wonderful Life". Why? Because he stood up for people who needed him. This is what I want to do with my little life. And I want others to use him as their example for how to behave and how to interact with others. Have a good day!

Comments

Popular Posts