Surrealism in life

For the past few days, I've read the newspaper and just wondered about all this strange stuff that has happened. So very odd to see places like NY and the coast line ripped up. I can hardly believe all this is happening in my life time. It seems like it shouldn't be happening. It seems to be a mix of weather and Global Warming. To me, I feel like saying/doing, so what can we do to reverse Global Warming? What are the steps? I know voting is a huge start. Something tangible, thank God, to do. But what else? How does Global Warming start? And what can people do to reverse this?

It makes me angry that there is any discussion other than what we can do to fix this issue because it effects everyone. Every person, regardless of status. I'd even wager to say, if it effects your neighbor, it effects you. It's time to stop thinking in terms of "it's not in my backyard, why bother" to let's get this fixed. Isn't that how we got into these problems in the first place? Being apathetic to the needs of people, this is what has caused so much loss.

When I drive the kids to school, I'm in awe at the amount of damage caused by this storm. And it was only a level 1. It scares me to think what a level 2 or higher would do. This is why I think, take this stuff seriously. It's not a joke. It' not, "their problem". It's ours. We need to do something about it. Here are some ways to fight Global Warming we can do right now. I've been doing some of these. Although, last night, I did move the thermostat up...I was freezing! I'm guilty of that one. I do think we should get one of those thermostat timers. They look pretty interesting.


Comments

Popular Posts