needing to sharpen my wood carving tools...

I'm carving a few new things.....and to my annoyance/dismay I apparently have lost the touch of sharpening my tools. Well, I actually lost the book. I must have thrown it in a pile of books to donate to the library (ARGH!!!!). I searched and searched and searched the house and nada. :( So, I tried to recall in my brain how I sharpened them...used, oil, the gentlest grinding settling on my stone and apparently, I forgot something because my hand is aching and fingers hurt from splintering pieces of wood. bleh.

I'm going to hit the library tomorrow, I hope. Look for a book there. On-line has poor yield. But if anyone is aware about such things as sharpening tools, let me know. Cause, I need help! visual aids are best for me.

Also, today not only is my back aching (playing w/ the kiddos...trying out the hula hoop and then bouncing kids on the exercise ball), now my tummy feels yucky. All day. :( I hope it's not a flu thingy. I can not believe how low my energy is...I even thought I was anemic or something (not likely).
 Fulton Street Artisans' Market
I was looking at some artists set up for their artisan fairs...so elegant and edgy with handmade items (like their tent) or displaying things in trunks...so lovely. I've got to do this too. I want to make my stand pop next time and I want to sell a bunch more. I think signage will improve this too.

We are thinking of an Art Yard Sale on Saturday for a few hours. This will give me time to experiment with style/set up. I wish my mom was here...we could totally craft things to sell in a heart beat.

Comments

Popular Posts