Making things...

I'm still late for Christmas goodies but they are getting together, wrapped and sent out. I sent out one for my mom and dad. I pushed my self and got it finished finally, and sent out. But I forgot to take pictures of it! Darn it!! Maybe a kind brother or sister can photo it for me. I don't want to spoil it for my mom and dad, so I will have to wait. It came out cuter than I thought and I hope they enjoy it.

I'm also working on a canvas painting and that just finished drying. I will photo and share soon. It's really cute!

We had a very mild Christmas...loving songs sung by the piano, church, candles held while singing Silent Night, cookies baking, kids having tantrums, mild weather (thank you, God!), and lots of fun. Apparently, things got a little odd at my sister's for Christmas but it was a HUGE milestone that my dad and mom were there. I admit I'm jealous. Even if there was a little arguing and crazy talk...that's sort of to be expected if someone is not mentally well.

Anyway, I got to talk to everyone by phone, so that is special and I'll treasure this. I could be wrong, but I think the kids are getting a tad bored. But it's vacation time. They are so funny because they get up earlier than they would for school (except for Harry) and play video games and what not.

My dad called tonight and he was feeling better after having a lousy night. I was worried about him, yesterday. I kept thinking that he might not be feeling so good and I was right. I swear I have a link to my dad that tells me when he is feeling good or not. I feel like that with my mom too. I guess that's normal to feel this connectedness to those you love. :)

It seems like these past few months I've done so much praying and doing good thoughts. It feels like things are better and most of all, it's kept me from feeling bad. For me, it's like meditating, pushing away fear and seeing what I can do positively and helping me to act on it.

Another thing I found out is it's better to celebrate Christmas as an advent and you don't feel so CRAZY and that it all ends after the presents are open. It's nicer, slows you down and gives you much more appreciation for time and relaxing with family.

I have to change my banner for the New Year. I just can't believe it's nearly 2012. I wish I had a magic wand and could make things right for a lot of people and especially for good health.

On a different note, I found a really cute calendar (for $1!) at Micheal's with Roosters. I LOVE it. :) As some of you might know, I used to have 2 roosters (Charlie and Issac). I don't remember the breed name but they were red, with greenish tails and huge red combs. I loved them but they crowed all the time and drove my dad crazy. lol They were great at finding snails and weeding the garden them them. Geesh, just writing about them has made me feel a little happier. Isn't that funny? Anyway, the calender is awesome and is inspiring me to make some new chicken artwork. I also got 7 canvas's for $12! I was so surprised. I love it. A funny thing I noted at the craft store there were a lot of Martha Stewart glitter for some reason. I mean a lot of it. I don't know what most people would do with all that glitter but it sure seemed to be in excess...I guess for scrap booking??

Anyway, it was fun to look around while Jon chased Harrison down the aisles. lol I've been doing more then he surely has. I was going to go to the mall but it looked like a madhouse and I got a little nauseated at the way some people drive in the parking lot and didn't want to see how these people acted in the shops. So, we drove away. lol I'm becoming an old person, I guess. And I'll have to buy shoes on a different day (or by catalog).

Comments

Popular Posts