art projects...

I remember doing this one project in college for a design class. We were given several words in an envelop. We had to use at least 5 of the 8 words. I remember it was challenging and quite fun making something unique with our words of choice.

Well, my new project is writing words down and putting them into a jar. I will pick 5 to 8 words and work exclusively from them and see what I come up with. It's exciting and fun as it's freeing having a place to jump off from instead of feeling like you have to think of everything right at the moment. I'm going to do mixed media pieces and see what happens.

Health-wise, I still have a headache and pain in my ear/nose. It's the ear infection and I do notice I'm hearing much more then I was before...so, I must be healing. Everyone (my dad and aunt) are telling me to try probiotec as well as the antibiotics. I guess I'll eat more yogurt.

Otherwise, I don't feel too bad. I got 2 naps, Jon got one and things are mostly good with the kids (cold-wise). I just want to have a happy weekend with nobody sniffling/sneezing, etc.

Next weekend is the boutique. I hope I can finish up a few projects to sell there and do a lot of selling. It's a little nerve wrecking because what you hear from the news is people want/need practical things and my art is for fun and whimsy. I'll figure it out by selling at different price ranges, etc.

There is SO much coming up, honestly. I feel overwhelmed by it all. I still have to get some fabric to make a few gifts for my kids and their friends. I haven't made a single gift for anyone, yet. I'm trying hard to go the make it route this year. I usually make about 75% of my gifts, every year. That's just the way I am...and I love doing it.

90% of the people I make gifts for tell me they love it and will display their gifts, etc. The only person that didn't like my gifts was, of all people, my niece. When she was 4, I made her a stuffed animal...a little princess (she loves princesses) stuffed toy. She threw it away from her and cried. The next year I just gave her a kitty notepad and pencils. Honestly, I don't know why she is like that...her parents seem all right. She just acts so spoiled. I was very surprised at how she treated her dad (yesterday). She yelled at him in a super snotty/whiny voice to get her some milk or something of this nature. I was like, oh my gosh. I would have gotten so angry at my kids if they had talked to me like that. Then, her dad said something snotty about it not being his kitchen and what can you do. He totally didn't tell her to talk nicely or anything. Geesh! At least my sis-in-law would have told her not to talk like that. I admit, I gave my niece a dirty look when she acted like a stinker.

Anyway, I don't know what to think about my niece. I'm trying to like her and be nice but there is something that rubs me the wrong way about her attitude. Maybe she needs chores or something to be responsible for like washing windows or scrubbing down the counters. Have you ever heard of the expression "Belly Button of the Universe"? She's got that syndrome. lol Hopefully, no family will read this and give me grief later.

Otherwise, everyone had a good time and were mostly sedate. The nice thing is the weather is warming up and this is a good Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular Posts