home again, home again jiggety jig

I feel like I've been away forever from my little blog here. I've spent way too much time on facebook. It feels so wrong even if it's so much fun and there are a lot of people there. I also was peeking at other people's blogs but started to feel like, I need to write some things.

"Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime,
Therefore, we are saved by hope.
Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;
Therefore, we are saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone.
Therefore, we are saved by love.
No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own;
Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love, which is forgiveness."


Reinhold Niebuhr


I might take this quote and put it on a painting. I feel like I've been so focused on getting the room painted, driving around doing chores and just regular chores at home that I haven't been very creative. I don't know how people with outside jobs do it. Seriously. I don't know how a single parent could do so much and hold down a job. It just seems like so much stuff is to be done in 1 day and it's usually practical stuff or you won't get dinner.

I feel badly as I forgot to go Toddler time because I had to take down my calendar to paint the walls...all my info was on there! ARGH! I was planning for this since last week. Then, I forgot to dress my sweet 4th grader in theater fancy clothing for her trip to Mishler. Oh, well. She told me half the class forgot too. lol

Now that the dining room looks good, It has made the kitchen look really bad. I'm going to have to get more paint and start on there. The big thing with that place is the ceiling and floors. The painting part should go smoothly. I'm dreading taking out the ceiling (a low 1970's style one) but it will look so good once it's gone. It's still a VERY small kitchen but it's practical.

I also painted half of the fireplace. It was white before and so dark...like a cave. Now, it's reflecting light and makes the living room so much bigger looking. I'm going to paint the built in bookshelves too.

I'm really starting to like all this decorating but it is time consuming. Plus, I'm the only one doing 98% of it. I think I need to do some painting. I had taken this large painting down and have painted it in different colors and actually love it. Before I was like, it's all right. How funny that a small change can make a huge difference. :)

Comments

Popular Posts