Feeling better

I don't know what it was but I must have caught a mini-bug. I feel better now but last night, geesh. I felt awful and yucky.

Today is a new day and I'm excited to get some work done. For the last few days, I've been doing a lot of volunteer work...for me. Let me repharse this, I've been doing a lot of volunteer work with a 2.5 yr old, tending kids and house stuff while not feeling so hot. So, I feel a bit like it's time to unwind and make some mess.

Paint Brush In Hand

Before I go on, I have to mention that I volunteered at my daughters' school library. It was actually fun. It was sort of like a workout chasing the little guy but otherwise, it was nice to do something outside of the house and see new people.

Now to art stuff:

I tried out calligraphy and finally used a pen set that my friend gave me about 14 yrs ago. lol I hope I didn't break a nib as I was changing them. I realize it's very hard to do calligraphy. I'll keep trying even if my fingers turn black. It does make a wonderful drawing tool...I want to try more of this if I can just not overfill the well in the nib and smear ink all over the place. It's a real challenge! I've used Micron pens 002,003,005 for fine details but they dry up, get bent on the tip or else are too controlled in their line ability. I love the way artists from the 1930's to 1950's or so (and I'm sure more recently), have lines that just seem to have a life of their own.

Winnie the Pooh (1926)

I was reading about inking and found people don't use felt tip pens but calligraphy. Hence, my "sudden" interest in trying this. Oh, well. I'll make sure to have extra rags for clean up.

My other artistic adventures include falling in love with needle felting. Oh, it's so much fun! It's so frustrating because you can really hurt your self if you're not staring at your work. It makes watching a movie hard to do...I end up listening to half of it. Jon is like, did you see that? I'm like, no...ouch!

Otherwise, I need to get some paintings done...my wood carvings that I want to enter in a show in Bedford. Wish me luck. I made 2 wood carvings and they are larger then what I usually do. I really love wood working and would do more but someone has decided to refuse naps...sigh. I'll have to get a lot done (carving wise) over the weekend or just ask my in-laws to watch him for a few hours. That would be bliss!

Now, I need to do some exercise, get the kids up for school, get the kids to school and then do some art work. It's also raining but because I love the rain, it's not a bad thing in the least. :)

Comments

Popular Posts