Feeling a bit better...

Talked to my brothers and sisters and they helped put things in perspective, sort of. I'm going to have to do some research and make a few phone calls. I'm very concerned as a part of me feels like there needs to be action. But what if what you do causes more pain and imbalance? Maybe it's not my place to worry about that but to do the research/make contacts. I think that's the best thing. I know people are being hurt verbally and I don't want it to escalate. That's what I'm afraid of.

It really stinks that I'm on the other side of the country and can't just talk to people in person. A part of me is selfish and relieved I'm far away. We're "safe". But I'm very nervous about what I'm hearing.

I'm praying all will go well. I'm praying I can have a plan when I do make some calls and encourage people to go in the right direction.

"Serenity Prayer"

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen

Reinhold Niebuhr "Serenity Prayer"

Comments

Popular Posts