Speaking and understanding

Lately, I've seen why it's so important to have communication and especially good communication between family members. There is a situation between some of my relatives...basically, one thing was agreed on, but another family member came and started dictating new rules. This is after everything was settled and calming down. Basically, it came down to someone seeing everything in terms of money and not listening to anyone, not even his wife. Honestly, it's scary how similar a pattern this is to other family situations I've seen.

I feel like a lot of people on my side have this miserly attitude. From stories I've heard from great-grandparents, all the way to today, there is this holding back of kindness, of forgiveness and acceptance. I don't know if it has to do with being hurt so badly (I know a lot of suffering happened to a lot of people over the generations) or if it's from religion/lack of beliefs, or what. It just amazes me that things keep repeating and people make the same mistakes, over and over again.

Sometimes I want to just shout, go see a damn therapist or you're not going to have any friends/family who want to be around you. I feel like saying that to a lot of people...but that would be rude. I'm certainly not perfect. And I think that's the point. We're all not perfect but we can certainly work on different aspects of our selves, those places that we know about that need to gardened and tilled. It's worthwhile because it makes us flexible and not rigid in personality and spirit. It's important to clean that emotional house out or we won't have space for new things to come in and new people.

Sigh...

I've gotta go and do a half hour on the bike and get some coffee in me. I'm not going to stress out about the situation. They are all grown-ups and I know whatever happens, nobody will be too hurt. I love my family and all our imperfections. They aren't so bad and I hope I'm working on me flaws so I'll have space for new things and people. Have a good day!

Comments

This is really an interesting post i like this very much and Your blog is awesome I love this blog I have never a lovely blog like yours,I would like to visit your blog regularly.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Popular Posts