Busy bee

Well, I did quite a bit on my list of things to do. Accomplished and tuckered out. When you add to that a very much active 2 year old, I'm surprised I did as much as I did. Thank goodness for nap time. :)

What is bothering me right now is this cold snap. Good grief but it is making all my joints act up. Jon called and they are getting the same cold as we are in State College as his knee is bothering him too. I put a sweater on, turned up the heat by 4 degrees and had coco. I do feel better. Maybe the house needs to be insulated better? I don't know. I'm tired of the cold and am very ready for Spring and Summer. lol

There is a Bulgarian tradition of making Martenitsa's. They can be little dolls or bracelet's made of red and white yarn. They symbolize Spring arriving on March 1st (Bulgarian tradition) and are to be worn, given away till the end of March. I need to make some new ones with my kids. It's a fun reminder that Spring is a time to celebrate...even if it blows in on freezing cold rain. lol
...............
I'm still praying for my parents and have to call and find out how things are going. They had some ideas and I hope they work out. Once they are settled and calm, I'll feel really relieved.

...............

Did I mention my gals got loft beds? Sort of like individual bunk beds. Usually, college students use them. I guess I'm prepping them for college. lol Anyway, they LOVE them. But so does the 2 year old. I have to bolt their door or something as he's been trying to sneak in there and climb up. Scares me. I wonder if I could put a little swing on the bottom? That would be cute and might cure him of wanting to climb. yeah, right.

...............

Now that their room is painted/mostly done, I want to paint the kitchen and bathroom. Actually, I want to get my floor for the dining room/kitchen first. This is all do-it-yourself stuff. I hope I get a little more fit from all this house repair! I was sore as if I had done major aerobics after that paint job. It's a good thing.

Oh, and I have to say I was reading about "The Stars" and how they exercise. Some site mentioned Halle Berry's workout. It went something like put a deck of cards on the floor and pick them up one by one. I'm like, what? That sounds like my normal day! I guess I just need to clean up more and I'll whittle my waist away! lol Funny but sad as it's my problem spot.

Today is one of those days were you want to curl up under a blanket with a good book, sip coco and be thankful your at home. Wish I could do that some time! Well, that's life and it's good to have something to look forward to. Maybe some time around 8:30pm...or after the kiddos are asleep. Have a great rest of the day!

Comments

Popular Posts