Snow

It's snowing today, quite a bit came down last night and this morning...about 5 inches. Not too bad, actually. The roads are slippery but only the side roads. The main roads are good. Geesh, I sound boring.


I was feeling really good this morning; did the bike, made breakfast, got the kids pumped up for school, etc. I guess it's the after lunch feeling. Oh, and I forgot, I shoveled the path/front of the house. So, yeah, I guess I'd be a little tired! lol

Plus, Mr. H had a tantrum (fell down in the house, snow on boots, and hurt his little hands. Poor guy). But all was well after a few kisses.

We watched this cartoon called Manny the Handy man (I think). We have cable now and it seems like I'm being brainwashed into buying lots of stuff. Well, the most impressive thing is laundry soap (need to get more too). For some reason, the Wisk stuff impressed me with it's "stain fighting" ability.

Jon is getting a sore throat and hopefully, not Miss L's cold. She's still on antibiotics, poor kid.

I'm trying to see what I can do differently this year. I want to increase my art sales, start substituting and get certification for teaching. That's not too much to ask, is it? lol

I have other side plans...basically, rewrite 2 of my kids books and start submitting them. I might just go ahead and self publish them. I actually have 1 book self published on Lulu.com but for some reason, it got blotched up on there. I'll have to put up a new version on a different service, I think.

I guess the most depressing thing for me is my computer(s) are slow, filled with stuff I need to go through (pictures). This just seems like a huge stone to carry. I guess that's why I've been reluctant to add new pics. I have been thinning stuff out but it doesn't seem to help. I think I'll donate 1 hr to doing just this after Mr. H goes down for a nap.

Goals, sigh.

In the great scheme of things, it's very petty. lol

Some good news, my parents may be getting a new place (more affordable) to rent. It's a good thing (and I think it's good because it surprised my brother...who is sort of the reason why they are trying to find a place to move too). Lol Now, he'll have to do his part (find a place to live near his girlfriend and get a different job...can't blame our parents any more). I should be nicer about this but I can't help but laugh a little (he's one of the biggest procrastinator's I know. I'm sure he'll have to change).

So all in all, I feel sort of like I'm getting a late Christmas gift by my parents having options (and hopefully) an affordable apartment. I pray every day that all will go well. With my dad's mental illness, he makes it hard to do much but with love/patience (and esp. understanding), I think it will go well.

Deep breath. I do that a lot when thinking of my family.

I don't know if this is the case with the rest of the world, but a lot of my family seem to think I'm too tough. I often get blamed for stuff because I ask questions and don't let up about getting answers. People will say I'm mean. Even when I talk to people on the phone, they get defensive or lash out at me. I had a situation with a family member and after a lot of talking/forgiving we were able to put aside our differences and start to patch things up.

My own feelings about it are there are unresolved issues this family member has and I end up getting dumped on. VERY frustrating and unfair. How do you handle something like that? Do you just ignore it & focus on the good stuff? It feels like you're handling a snake...you might be able to handle it but it's something you can't relax with. I feel bad because I do love this person but they don't want to change (talk to a professional about their pain/etc).

Anyway, that's my dilemma...hardly worth typing out. It's just frustrating because no matter what I say or do, I'm always marked by this person as a meanie or that person starts to transfer feelings that are meant for someone else on to me. It's so annoying and exhausting (to say the least).

I feel sort of nervous even writing the above because it might open a can of worms or I don't know. I feel better sharing this as I've been thinking about it for awhile. In some ways, I'm glad I'm a bit far away and can pace conversations out. Well, that's it for now. I keep thinking, what would "Dear Abby" say? :)

Hope everyone is safe and has a good day. If you live where there is snow, drive slowly and stay warm!

Comments

Popular Posts