Saturday, October 16, 2010

emotional week of up's and down's

It's amazing when you feel like things are going well and suddenly, everyone starts getting sick. First, it was me and my allergies/migraine headache. That brought me down for 2 days and made it very hard to get through 3 days of the week. By Friday evening, I finally felt some mental relief. Today was the first day I didn't wake up with a pounding headache, thank God.

All this time, my second kid feeling bad and I think it's the common cold. Slight fever but by the time it's time to go to school, she feels fine. She was grumpy all week and I was like, what's with the tears?? By Friday evening, she's crying again (can't find her backpack)...that's when I see this sort of purple spots on her face. I'm like, "oh, my God! You've cried so much you've broken blood vessels on your face!" And start putting a damp rag on her checks. Then, I see she's got spots/rash all over her face, ears...and on the chest and back. Poor baby!!

I call everyone like mad and everyone is out or getting back or needs to have a message left. My poor mom-in-law is having a bad time with her heart meds and I'm like, where is everyone?

So, Jon finally gets home and we're waiting to get a response from the doctor. All sorts of things are going through my head...chickenpox, measles. My mom-in-law (the retired RN suggests rosela) and when the doctor hears the symptoms, she's like strep rash. It's not as bad as I thought...though it is scarlet fever from a different time. Obviously, we aren't as ill as that problem due to better health conditions/immunizations.

Now, my eldest is starting to cough and be grumpy. I'm just glad that I'm feeling better to help everyone...it seems like the whole house falls apart whenever I get sick. Crazy.

I feel a cleaning binge about to start...it's partially the coffee and feeling better. I'll take it easy (mom).

The sad thing is we are missing on a playdate, the Pumpkin Festival in Hollidaysburg, a basketball practice, the choir (missed that last night) and a party tomorrow evening. I hope we make it to church for the blessing from the Bishop as I'm getting confirmed. Sigh...

No comments:

Sociable

Google+ Followers