Cool days

I'm thankful for cool days and the feeling of Fall. I'm sad to see summer go and I really feel like I missed a lot of summer because of all the rain that happened in June and July. It feels like we've had some strange roller coaster weather. Oh, not a problem, really. I like the dryness as it reminds me of being a kid again. We must have had some droughts in CA, if that's one of my fond memories!

I'm starting to feel like making pretzels and I would really like to do an apple picking thing...even if it's just us. I know some of my relatives are turned off as they've done that before and don't really want to again. Maybe, you get too many apples? I'd like it for the pictures too.

I need to start looking for a part-time job...evening hours. I'm thinking art stores or something of that nature. I'd like to get out of the house a little as well as have extra money. Always a plus. In the mean time, I'm looking into teaching internships. I hope I have enough credits to do this...will have to talk to a counselor. They don't have a specific one for art (at Penn State University) but one for vocational education. So, we shall see.

I need to find out about subbing too. If I did this one day a week, it might not be too bad. Friday's and Monday's would be good...though, it would mean, working with my in-laws for getting the kids to school/baby care. So, I'd hope this would be all right. Again, a big we shall see.

I've also been feeling really good about my art, lately. It's almost like healing from the surgery is at 100% and getting my feet better, has made me balance out as well. All in all, good stuff and realizing I can do what I want to do. Oddly, I have to say having lots of good friends on Facebook and seeing people do what they want to do, truly inspires me. A small part of me is a bit jealous, if they succeed, but a larger part of me thinks, "wow, if they can, so can I". I focus on that part.

Well, it's late and I need to sleep. I also need to mail a letter to my favorite 14 yr old niece which has been sitting, waiting for a stamp (I found some!). But mostly, I need to get ready for bed and hope it rains on Sunday because this surely is a long dry spell! lol

Comments

Popular Posts