My dogs are barking...

They are having their daily conversation with the neighbors dog. Most likely, I need to walk them. Lately, we've been going to a trail close by and we all get a good walk. But I need to do the walk around the block thing, it's simple and immediate.

The trail was really nice and we went at dusk. We walked about 3/4 of a mile more the last time and found out there is a cow farm down below (we are on a raised shelf...this was once a train rail and has been converted into a walking trail). It is really amazing to see farms and walk the path where trains used to go. I love it.

The weather has dipped down after all that heat. It looks and feels like near perfection for a summer. This is the sort of day you want to bottle and save for Winter. I hope everyone gets at least a half hour to stretch out on the grass or sit outside today.

I'm a little sad...my mom is going to be going back to CA soon. I do not like it but I have to share, I suppose. I'm trying to tempt her into convincing my dad to live out here. It would be a change but a fun one too.

On a boring note, I started pulling out drawers in my studio and cleaning out stuff. I had stuff in there that I hadn't touched in at least 3-4 yrs. Not a good thing. Most, I'll probably donate...probably should try selling at a yard sale, but I'd rather just give it away. I don't know how some people do that whole yard sale thing, all the time. Having a lot of family probably helps, I guess. I wouldn't mind trying but it just seems like a lot of work and being in the heat, which I don't like.

I cut quite a bit of mint and am drying it. I hope it works and I have a lot for the winter...actually, if it does work, I'll have more then enough for winter and a yr or 2! lol

All this mint has given me ideas of having several beds of herbs. Once we get the bottom yard organized, we can start on that.

Right now, I just want to get a few things mailed (still need to mail out b-day cards/packages) and enjoy being with my mom and kiddos. Oh, and download some pics, if my computer will let me. I did get more batteries, so this should help.

Comments

Popular Posts