Happy Fourth of July!


As I write this, the sounds of fireworks are going off in the air. I'm sure I could find some place out there and watch a spectacular display. This year, we're taking a break and watching a movie at home with grandma. Earlier, we went to a 4th of July picnic at some family friend's...it was great; lots to eat and games to play as well as people to say hello to. They have a beautiful property and I got some wonderful pictures of various people.

Right now, everyone is watching "Up" and the littlest fell asleep a half hour earlier. He was really tired, poor guy. We had a lot of fun, even though it got to be about 90 degrees...in the shade, you didn't feel this but in the sun, you sure did.

Church was great. The new rector seems to be getting more comfortable with us. It looks like the choir is taking some time off...it's very hot and with no air conditioning, it makes all summer/early fall programs take a break. At least it wasn't humid, like last weekend! I thought I was going to faint.

I'm trying to work on the newsletter for church. I need to figure out a few things, but I'll probably "get it" once I go through publisher help section. Yes, this is boring but it works.

I need to up-date my calendar...I'm still in June. Gotta get things organized and ready for July. I can't believe June has gone by so fast. July will soon be gone and then, August and school. Poor kiddos. I feel a bit down as my mom is ready to leave in early July. I have about another week, and I'd rather have another month! I'm praying the train ride will go really well and she can come out again in November. I just thought of that right now, actually...what a great idea! :) I feel better...though, it might be a bit much of traveling for mom. We shall see (and pray!).

Well, the snaps of fire crackers are really echoing out now! The kids are all excited. My dogs are doing all right...hopefully, the cats are okay. The safest are probably the guinea pigs in the basement. lol

I'm glad for today and happy that we are ending it with a big bang. My mom had a great time at church and the 4th of July picnic. She kept saying it was like being in a Romantic Home magazine...and I can see why! Pics coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts