walking in the rain

It started to rain about 4 hours ago...it was so hot, earlier and you just knew the weather was building up to something. My joints started aching and I felt tired and a bit cranky. Sure enough, the rain came and is wonderful.

I put H.'s rain boots on and we walked down our little path, lit by sparkling rain drops and fireflies. Felt really nice.

I walked the dogs with Jon, later on and had a good stroll. It didn't help the dogs calm down, actually, they became extremely hyper once we got home, in fact. Silly dogs.

I really hope my computer will download a few pics for me...I need to take a few as well.

I remember a few yrs ago, I tried to capture the fireflies in the yard. It's not easy, you have to have use a tripod and extra long exposure. It's difficult to do but worth trying. It makes me a little sad to think about it terms of years ago, how'd the time fly by so quickly? I guess that's normal but it seems so unfair. I know some people like to rush through their children's growing and can't wait till they have an empty house. I pity those people. I want to bottle everything and keep it close or keep hugging my kids as much as possible. Sure, there are times when we get tired/frustrated but how much richer are our lives with people in it. :)

A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to. ~Robert Brault

I have to remember this one. :)

Comments

Popular Posts