Monkey Maddness

The kids are sock monkey crazy. Once I am able to download pics again, I will share this...It's really cute. I may just have to draw something to get the gist of it.

It is SO hot...nearly 90 degrees and I'm just sitting in front of the A/C. My middle kiddle is reading everything I type...boredom, I suppose. But at least she is reading.

I'm debating giving the dogs a bath (they need it) or just veggin' out/reading a book. I'd rather read, but we shall see.

I'm also debating whether I should trim my gals hair or just take them to a hair salon. We shall see.

I've got to get my studio worked on...I've got this idea in my head but lack the ability to move anything at the moment (from the surgery). I need an extra me, to get this done or else, just wait till I'm better to do anything (most likely what will end up happening).

I really need to get some pictures developed, too. And I want to make some new artwork but feel uninspired. I have several folk art books but I want to expand that. Was planning to go to the library but it doesn't look like it's happening at the moment (and I'm really not supposed to drive). All this will pass and things will get better, I just need to be patient (something I lack, at times).

I did get a copy of recipes from our adopted grandma Alta. She passed away about 10 yrs ago...she always made interesting food and had complied a small selection of recipes titled, "Cooking can be Fun!". One of them is called "Poor Man's Ice Cream". I remember this and have discovered it has several different names and ways to make it. This is her recipe:

1 pint Cottage cheese, small curd
1 pkg Jello, strawberry or other
1 sm pineapple, crushed and drained
1 8 oz Cool whip, or other brand

Blend cottage cheese and Jello adding jrello in small amounts. Use folding motion, so you add air. Add drained Pineapple and fold then, add cool whip and fold. Chill and serve.

I've had it with banana slices, manderin oranges and mixed fruit cocktail. So, you can really have fun with this and add what you have around the kitchen. Good luck and make a great summer dessert! :)

Comments

Popular Posts