Spring

I feel good right now. It was a really hot day for us with a warm buzz that made everyone sweaty and sticky (esp. me). Must be the air or something, as we finished up this busy day with a late evening walk. My feet are killing me and yet, I feel so relaxed and happy. Maybe it's having my mom here and just feeling good with all the kiddos and being home.

Jon is working tonight. Should be home soon. He's got an achy tooth, poor guy...might be a left over from his wisdom tooth. He has to have it removed.

Lately, I've been doing little bits of work here and there. Painting some sculptures and finishing up projects. Seems like I'm finishing up a lot lately (at last!). Just glad to have time to get it done. There are several things I'd like to finish.

I wanted to work on my owl quilt tonight but I feel really tired. We moved furniture around, cleand, scrubbed, danced in the heat for my sweet gal's 8th birthday. It was so fun having it in warm weather instead of cold and snowy as in early April it usually is.

We have lilacs about and the lillies of the valley are popping up everywhere. This is just heavenly and makes all the labor of preparing for a party all the more wonderful with these bits of nature. Plus, Jon found an actual wisteria bloom on our vine! This is a miracle as we have wondered and waited for over 7 yrs! :) It just seems like a blessing and an insight of good things to come.

Best of all was seeing my happy kids. Surely, they are a tad spoiled and hopefully tomorrow they will be back on Earth filled with a sense of contentment.

I know it's almost a cliche but I did sing this a few times when looking a my sweet dears...

(Tevye)
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?

(Golde)
I don't remember growing older
When did they?

(Tevye)
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?

(Golde)
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

(Men)
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let the child within you, be able to play and embrace that joy.
Don't forget to see from their perspective, those little ones you are blessed to know and have in your life, and take a breath to understand.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts