Spring days with a touch of frost

I'm annoyed at the weather. I never really have felt like this before...as if the weather was a person and I feel like scolding her/him. But I do. Basically, I want my mom's experience in the East to be of a warm Spring and now, we get this cold, cold breath of what it feels like in Autumn. Annoying!

The funny thing about this type of weather is my eldest daughter and I had the same thought. Halloween costumes! Something about the chill made us think of October, Halloween and dressing up. This year, I am definitely going to dress up. I would love to be a giant chipmunk but I don't think I'd have enough fake fur (let alone want to buy all that fur). Lydia suggested a "Stop Sign". That has possibilites. lol

Anyway, it's cold and it's made all of us feel like we're 89 years old. I turned up the furnance...oh, well.

I was thinking about how kids deal with a lot these days. Way too much, if you ask me. It's a vicious cycle of trying to fit in, trying to be the best, trying to find the right path for your self, etc, etc. And there is quite a bit of misconception by some grown-ups that if you don't jump through certain hoops now, you'll never do it. I can see how this is some what encouraging for some kids/grown-ups, but for those late bloomers, what a totally yuck/snarky thing to say/do! I admit I'm a late bloomer. I didn't drive till I was in my 20's, I got married closer to 30, went to a community college and then to a 4 yr and graduated later and found my path (religion) later as well. You can't force these things, you just have to see what works for you.

Sometimes, there are blocks in the way and a person needs to find a way around those blocks. The thing is to keep trying and see what works. I guess I've been watching shows that are directed at kids (Glee) and it seems like there is so much pressure to fit in, to be something more than what we are. Honestly, the best thing a person can be is a friend. Now, I'm going to sound like an old f---, but one of the things I would do in HS was say hi to as many people in a day as I could. I just wanted to make kids feel good and oddly, it made me feel good too. Strange.

Anywho, it works wonders to be kind. It works and it makes a few folks feel like they aren't forgotten or lost in the wilds in our crazy world. Have a great day and don't forget to give a little smile to someone.

Comments

Popular Posts