Venice beach

Well, our trip is nearing a much too early end. I feel like I barely got here and now, have to pack up in a day or two and head out. We're going to take my mom too and this makes it a bit easier. Still, I wish I had more time to spend with relatives, family and friends.

We did a bit of a mad dash today...driving down familiar streets that are now changing into something I still can't believe...metro links and such are sprouting up everywhere! I would have loved this when we were at our old house. Amazing to see things progressing so much in 7 yrs. 7 yrs is much too long a time to visit one's home state.

It does make one see how you just need to let go of some things too...or write down your memories as much as possible before you forget or else everything changes in a few swishes of property ownership. Strange how buildings, trees, the curve of a street is what makes you remember and feel connected to one place. Even with a big giant metro station smack dab in the middle of the road, I could still feel connected to a place I used to walk or ride my bike on. Amazing.

It's all good and a little sad. But only a little. What matters is we are in the present and having time to go forward. I'll have my memories. It's so funny how the older I get the more I see how much memories are what shape us and what allow us to move forward or get stuck. When I saw our old house, I thought for sure I would cry and feel sad, but I felt like the house and property shrunk into a small bit and didn't seem to matter as much. What mattered is my dear family. They feel like they have become hugely wonderful and I can see it all in their eyes. It just made me so very happy to have time with them and made all the bad things of the past years pale.

Yes, bad things can happen and sometimes nothing good can come of it. Yet, I do feel, that, if we look for the good, we will often find it. I'll focus on the good, if you don't mind. :) Have a great week and keep looking for the good in your life.

Comments

Popular Posts