Tuesday, January 05, 2010

You know it's going to be one of those days...

It's one of those days when the first thing you have to do is boil water because the pipes froze/brust a few blocks from your house. So, this is what I've been doing. I'll go to the market soon, and get some bottled water...hopefully, that is. There appears to be a shortage of a few items. One of which is canned pumpkin. There was a lost of a few crops, apparently, around the various areas and this has caused pumpkins to be few and far between. The report I heard did mention there were other canned pumpkin companies that would have this sought after item. I guess, people stock piled it?? Anyway, I didn't really want to make pumpkin pie. I did want to make pumpkin soup, but I can wait.

I did finish about 20 or so paintings that I've put off for ages. Mainly, because I just didn't have the time and was overwhelmed. Now, I have finished them and can start listing things on ebay/etsy again. I feel rather proud of myself. :)

I can also share some of the things I made for the holidays that I've had to keep secret. If I can find a pic, I'll be putting it up soon. I designed several dinosaur goodies for my kids and my cousin's little girl. I used repurposed wool and have to say they came out rather sweet. I think I may make more and put some up on etsy. I love making the dinosaurs. I may make smaller ones as the Paleosaurus (identified by C and named her "Sand Momma") was a bit bigger then I thought. I am just glad it came out as good as it did. :)




The other two dino's just need their eyes stitched on (they are for little Christmas, Jannuary 6th, tomorrow, in fact).



Well, that's it from the messy studio. :) I have a few chores to do, get Harry ready for his 2nd dose of the flu shot and go to the market for bottled water. Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Sociable

Google+ Followers