Quotes...

I was reading through quotes...I love doing this, esp. when I feel a little down and not so uplifted as I ought to be (I think it's all this cold weather...day after day of cold,cold and not one bit of even a 40 degree day in sight. I know, I looked it up on weather.com). Anywho, I found some great quotes that struck me as gold. Here they are:

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
Buckminster Fuller

This one makes me think of how right now, I can't see any signs of warmer days. But it's there...waiting for it's own good time. It also makes me think of our own potential to do more then we think we can.


I liked this quote as well:

If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
Buddha

Reminds me to share what I have...even if it's something small. Time to give to the Salvation Army.

And this one:
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby

I feel this in my own mind...I was thinking about a project I'm working on and started to feel doubt/fear/wondering if people will think it's silly/crazy/foolish. And I need to stop that. I need to do my own thing and not worry about pleasing everyone out there. I will do my best for me and that is that. I got to the point where I didn't even think I could start, let alone finish, my project. The thing is to try it and go from there. Wish me luck! :)

I hope some of these quotes will bring you some lifting as well. Years ago, I found a book of quotes that, apparently, hospitals used to give patients (as well as bibles, I'd assume). I've kept the quote book and enjoyed many hours reading and memorizing wonderful thoughts and inspirations...I hope everyone has a little collection of quotes that help them move through the day...esp if you going through these cold winter days. :)

Comments

Popular Posts