Nearly Christmas!

Well, it's nearly Christmas...4 more days. But this certainly isn't the end of it all. This year I'm also celebrating Epiphany, when the Magi celebrate God in human form, Jesus. It's a beautiful tradition as I like to think of it as men of logic and reason, put this aside and accept this miracle.

So, this year, we will celebrate Epiphany as well as Boxing day. Boxing day is when the wealthy would give to those who didn't have enough by a Christmas box for the people in need. I like this tradition because it gives me a real connection of giving to others in their time of needs and teaches us that we are all connected in a bigger sense (we are all in the same family, in other words). I really like this.

My church gave our kids similar boxes for them to gather change and money. On Christmas eve, we will bring them in and the money will be sent to the Episcopal Relief and Development fund to help families in the world. I love this.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Now that many things are nearly finished in the sense of events, activities and so on, I'll be able to get back to my drawing board and start a new year of artworks. I have quite a few ready to start listing, so stay tuned, if you are inclined to a bit of fun art. :)

Comments

Popular Posts