busy

Not much of a title but that's where I'm at. I'm trying to organize my basement studio after something like a year and a half of neglect and just not having the time to do anything because I was doing everything else. Does that make sense?? Anyway, I have to admit I collect way too much fabric...this is usually stuff that people gave me (because they didn't know what to do with it or want it) or clothing I had plans for. I'm donating a good bit of this. I don't feel bad. In fact, I feel like I'm making a huge liberation in my rat pack ways. I feel so glad to be able to see stuff I haven't seen for years because I was cramming everything in there.

I also have a paper problem I want to save ALL my kids work. I'm trying to limit this and make it so I save the most important things...and have space for it all. I think what I need to do is empty a few of my plastic containers and have one for each kid. Then, I can store their memory things in there for them (and me). I need to do this for all the holiday stuff too (and thin some of this out...geez, I have some gaudy Christmas things that I found a while back...). It's all good and I usually don't throw things out willy nilly and make it worse for the Earth. I usually donate it or reuse it in some way. There's always freecycle too. :)

Anyway, I feel pretty optimistic. Oddly, a good deal of the fun working down there is the lighting is so great!! Jon put these florescent lights up for me and it really cheers me on. I came up stairs and boy, it seemed like someone had put on a dimmer.

While cleaning/arranging/tossing/donating I found some beloved family thingies and brought them. I found a framed photo of our dear Autumn who we had to put to sleep a few months ago. I didn't think I would be so emotional about her, but I am. I'm going to put this out and a few others of the kitty gang. I need to get some new pics of every one. It really does make me feel better.

I'm also trying to be realistic and not hold onto so much. I tried some stuff different art things and some of it works and other's, not so much. So, I'm doing this purging thing as a way to make me more focused. Don't worry, I'm not too crazy cleaning. I don't think that's possible with me. lol!

This weekend passed much too quickly. Today was gorgeous but I was taking care of the gals who were sick and had temps. They seem to be better but I can tell their energy is low...we'll see how they are tomorrow. Harry is all right but he was looking flushed for the past 2 days. I don't like that...no temp but I'm checking on him too.

I'm so glad it's warming up...I hope it stays for at least a few more weeks. Too much to ask, I'm sure, but I'll make the most of it. I hope I can get a battery for my camera soon and show everyone the gorgeous colors. We stayed in the baby's room and I had the curtains open...the red/yellow leaves against the blue sky just made me feel so glad. Of course, it was warm inside, so that helps too! :)

I really feel glad to be where we're at. One of my few things I'd like is my mom to visit us. We're going to go to my brother's wedding soon and I wish all the family could be there. I know it's difficult for many reasons. Ah, well...

I have to find some "farmer" outfit thing for Norrie as she's going to be a farmer for the school Halloween thing. I was a bit dissapointed because I thought she would be what she wanted to be, a pegasus unicorn. But the teacher has other plans...I think it's fine as she gets to be 2 things for Halloween. lol

Well, I'm a bit tired and have things to think about and do. Jon is putting the gals to bed. I'm happy we can trade off every now and then. Night!

Comments

Popular Posts