Baking bread at night...

Not a bad deal, really. The bread, Rustic sour dough, has been baked at 9:30pm. This was my first try and it came out quite good. However, I burned my finger on the metal sheet I used for the bread (they are round shaped). I used a pot holder that was crocheted (two layers) and I guess it slid over and I got my thumb right on the metal! OUCH! It's feeling better now.

The bread came out great though not as sour as I like. Plus, it's not as puffy round on top. Anyway, stuff you have to learn from...I noticed it took longer to get the first rise too...maybe the kitchen was too cold then? I don't know.

Well, we're set to have the baby baptized on Nov. 1st. I'm really excited about this and feel so happy to be a part of a community church. I feel like we're where we are supposed to be; a good feeling.

I did tons of laundry...4 loads and there seems to be a break in the massive pile. Thank goodness. I think Monday chores will be a lot easier.

I'm going to start listing a few things up on eBay, mail a few things to the family and hopefully, get things rolling with a few other ideas I have. I just feel like some things are like molasses for me. Why? Why am I this way? Am I the only one who is like this? I can't possibly be...it just feels like this, I suppose.

Jon's back from his part-time job. It sucks that he's working so much but it does help pay the bills and such. I just miss him, a lot.

One thing I'm working on is a costume for my gal. I hope it turns out well...I have this concept of what I want it to look like but reality might be a bit (or a whole lot) different then what I want. I just hope it looks decent and is comfortable to wear. I still feel badly about the lumpy pikachu costume I made E last year. It was a bit frustrating but most kids knew what she was supposed to be. lol

Well, I hope everyone has a good week. One thing I will mention is not to rent the movie, Knowing. It was really depressing and a bit too end of the world (literally). I didn't care for that. Who wants to see everyone blowing up to dust? I don't really care if it was explained...it was annoying and gave me a feeling of nervousness. I wish those redbox movie rentals had better selections. Anyway, my one annoyance. lol Does anyone have a good movie (with a possible happy ending...or at least not world burning up ending) to recommend? I'd love to see some happy quirky film. Think I'll ask that on facebook too...

Comments

Popular Posts