You think you know your neighbors...

So, our neighbors have a bird stuck in their 3rd floor, a little sparrow. Some how, the little thing got stuck up there. I tried calling and their phone was busy, most likely someone else telling them, you've got a bird stuck up there. I had my husband go over and tell them. To my surprise/sadness, the neighbor is like, "Can't open the windows up there, so, I'll just let it die..." That is just so cruel and ugly. I feel ashamed, again, to have neighbors that wouldn't even help a bird get out. For Pete's sake, you could throw a blanket over it, or catch it in the curtains (which it is struggling against). Even my husband, who tries to give people the benefit of the doubt, is appalled by this.

I know you can't save every animal and all that, however, I do think we should help if something is stuck in your attack. It's not like a sparrow is going to hurt you. I'm just really frustrated because every time we look out our window we see the poor thing fluttering against the window pane. Good-bye little bird, I'm sorry your were stuck in a cruel person's house.

Not to Hurt...

Not to hurt our humble animals
Is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough.
We have a higher mission:
To be of service to them whenever they require it.

St. Francis Assisi

Comments

Popular Posts