Thursday...

I can't believe it's nearly Friday...yes! All I can think about is that Jon will be off and we can hang out with him. :) I guess it's a pregnancy thing...I feel closer to my hubby and that's just how I was both times with the previously. I just feel really happy to be with him...and it's not just when I'm pregnant either. Of course, we need space but at times I feel like there's too much space because he works an hour's drive away. The good thing is looks like this might be cut down to 45 minutes with the new road coming back from State College by Thanksgiving!! This will be a true feeling a thankfulness on my part. I hate these long times away and if the new road cuts down driving time to 45, this will be excellent. Every bit helps. :)

I have to say a part of me feels a bit awkward about homeschooling...I feel like I'm still learning and the school system we're using seems a bit in flux (they have these strange conversations about tests and things...)makes me feel a bit anxious. I guess they're pretty hardcore homeschoolers or something and always seem ready to do battle...which is probably a good thing (but makes me feel like, what am I doing here?). I guess I don't know what's going on completely and feel a bit at a loss. I hope whatever it is about tests, work itself out and I don't have to worry about it too much.

Sigh...

We did some school work today...language arts and phonics. The gals are getting better at working and I need to be more patient. I keep forgetting Norrie is still in K...and Lydia is in 1st. I started to feel they were older because of their height...which isn't fair. I do believe they'll get where they need to be if I'm patient and not frazzled. So, today we started by doing basic yoga and stretches...oddly, this helped me to be calm! :) I'll do this for a few minutes in the beginning of the day and I know I'll feel better.

Yesterday, was an amazing day but I started to feel sorry for myself. I decided to indulge in it for a good 5 minutes and felt a lot better. Plus, I pulled out my old journal and did a bit of writing. I did a list of all the things I wanted to do the next day, and it helped. I didn't feel so chaotic and out of control. I felt much better.

I'm still amazed we've got a new president and can hardly wait till January. It's just wonderful and even more so, that the world is backing us. When I think of all the suffering that has happened, this is sort of like a passage into, hopefully, a new direction full of positive change and getting rid of bad habits. I know that's a mild way of putting the past couple of years. I'm hoping we can learn from the mistakes and make huge steps towards a cleaner, community oriented world and partnership with each other. I honestly think a lot of people agree with this...just a few folks who are afraid and should listen instead of yammering on and on.

I just read a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson...

"If you have not slept, or if you have slept, or if you have headache, or sciatica, or leprosy, or thunder–stroke, I beseech you, by all angels, to hold your peace, and not pollute the morning."

Boy, do I need to remember this one! Have a good day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts