The piggies are staring at me...

I know I have to clean their cage but thought I'd just sit for a bit...I'm tired. Did some clean-up at the museum with my friend and it looks great. Nelson came along and was the big protector. All in all a calm day. There is a nice breeze blowing cool and sweet. What a blessed relief but it does make me a bit concerned for the fireflies. The gals caught a bunch with their butterfly net and I had the honor of setting them free. I've grown accustomed to their insect bodies and their glowing bottoms. So magical, when you think about it.

The other day, I saw a deer on 17th street...a police car was parked diagonal and was protecting/shielding it. It made me feel sad to see the deer (it was sitting there, like a regal queen in the confusion of mid-day traffic) in a place so outside where it's supposed to be. I hope the deer made it back to the wild or some safe place out of harms way. For some reason, I started crying about it all the way home. I guess I worried about the poor critter. Also, it reminded me of the tragic story about these deer near Tyrone that got on a highway and had almost made it to the woods but got startled and jumped off a bridge to their death. It was so sad. Things like that bother me and I guess most people.

Jon asked me why I didn't feel the same for cows and things like that...I guess it's because there is so little wild left and the wild we do have should be protected. That's how I feel. I know it's a bit old fashioned but I do feel this way. I don't know. Maybe it's worse raising an animal and then using it for food...I don't know what the answer is, really. I guess we should all be like guinea pigs and just eat plants! lol!

Of course, then I couldn't have my bar-B-q with hot dogs and burgers...so, I'm not a purest. Ah, well...I wish I could be but I know I'd want to have turkey at some point. I guess it's best not to focus too much on that. Especially around lunch time. ;)

Looks like rain is going to happen soon. I'm glad as I'm getting used to the daily raining, somewhat. At least I don't have to water the garden. I have this dream of making little benches to sit out in the garden under some the lilac bushes or baby maples. It's a bit buggy so, I'd have to get some citronella candles or something like that. But it would be so pretty and a bit romantic, I think. I'm thinking of Anne of Green Gables, again. Maybe I'll re-read those books as I haven't read it in a while.

Well, I've got to get lunch started, the piggies cleaned up and then a nap. Hopefully, it will happen in that order. Plus, we actually have a watermelon to cut up! Yippee! I love watermelon. My dad would always eat it with crunchy peanut butter when I was a kid. Bet he still does! So, delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts