Might not be the flu bug...

I just read about the recall of Malt-O-Meal and apparently, this includes the private label they are under "Giant" brand cereals. They have included ALL of their puff cereal except the coco puffs. We ate the coco puffs and we have all come down with "flu-like" symptoms. Jon is still in the throws of this...now, I have to worry it was salmonella poisoning!

I called the doctor, state agriculture department, local news reporter and news station. I contacted Malt-O-meal and the local market "Martins" (where we bought this from). I'm furious as this could be the answer to why we all got sick (and continue to be sick) as well as the various families/people in our area that have been getting sick! This is horrible and would explain a huge amount of what was happening to all of us. I saved the remainder of the cereal, just in case. I'm going to contact the FDA next...this is ridiculous and could be life threatening for elderly, children and those with weak immune systems.

I would like everyone to share this and get the word out. We need to be proactive and know what's happening. Here's the recall info. And here is the list of private company names Malt-O-Meal fall under as well:

Acme, America’s Choice, Food Club, Giant, Hannaford, Jewel, Laura Lynn, Pathmark, Shaw’s, ShopRite, Tops and Weis Quality.

Comments

Popular Posts