Calming a bit...

Finally, things are starting to calm down a bit and even though there is lots to do, I don't feel too overwhelmed with things. Actually, I feel really, really blessed with the amount of support and team work we've been getting at the museum. I sometimes am amazed by the huge amount of kindness out there.

Recently, one of my assistant directors, Joliene, helped clean up the museum. This was when poor Jon got sick. She did such a fantastic job on the basement, I couldn't believe it could look like that! Also, she did a very clever thing with the sandbox. She raked all the toys to the side and then smoothed out the top. Oddly, this is very reminiscent of a Zen Garden. This seems such a nice concept I'm thinking of adding more elements in this line (still keeping with the playful dinosaurs, so no need to fret). But it might get the parents to want to do a little soulful raking as well.

I just found this poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and it just seems to be so fitting for this time of year and how I feel. Perhaps because Earth Day is approaching and I've been working in the garden more, whatever the reason, the words fit so well for this moment.

"Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire
with God:
but only he who sees takes off his shoes."
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Tonight is the Spring concert for my gals. It will be fun and interesting to see. I love this sort of thing...I remember lots of piano recitals as a kid. My mom would go all out and have a big feast prepared, the house would be spiffed up and we'd invite as many people as we knew. It was a lot of fun and even though I'd always make mistakes while playing, I enjoyed sharing what I learned.

On Thursday I got to met a fellow blogger and artist, Kim Hambric (hi, Kim!). She's going to exhibit some of her beautiful quilts at the museum! I'm very excited as this will give the room more atmosphere as well as be a place for local artists to show and sell their work. I also was lucky enough to have another local artist, Sam Dietz, show his landscapes and galaxy work at the museum. Again, I feel like these works not only are good matches for displaying in the museum but will give the local area some variety and scope to the artistry as well.

I got up a bit early today...5:45 am. I was able to get a few sunrise shots and will post them a bit later on. There is a yoga class this morning and I still have to break down the still life display I had up for my students on Tuesday. I had a migraine yesterday and needed to take a nap. I'm feeling much better. Decongestants help a lot and so does gentle nasal flushing. Controlling dust and allergens is a good thing as well. I'm annoyed with my one allergy medication, Zyrtec. They have gone over the counter, increasing their price and over packaging this to ridiculous levels (I have to use scissors to open each pill!). Anyway, I have an appointment with my allergist and hopefully we can find something that will not be so costly on all levels. What a time for this to happen...pollen/dust/grass everywhere.

Anyway, I've got to start the day. The sun is streaming into the kitchen windows and a part of me just wants to rejoice with this. I noticed more and more people sort of running outside in a crazy, delirious way...I understand but watch out for the kids and be safe.

Comments

Popular Posts