Friday, January 25, 2008

Limits and new projects

"Chase away the darkness"

I'm learning to have limits and how to say no, that's enough of this thank you. I'm going to make a semi-big change in regards to outside work. More on this later...

I'm excited about some recent changes that are going to be happening. Now that I have some approval to start a few art classes, I'm willing to go the 9 yards. I'm excited and have ideas for flyers, etc. This should be an interesting new chapter. :)

Also, because things are going in such a different direction and giving me a feeling of fresh air, I may start a few (not the 20 or so paintings of old) new ACEO's. I feel like I know exactly why I felt overwhelmed and can move on. This and I got the script printed out (finally) for my graphic novel...50 pages...more than I thought I had written. Now, on to illustrating and fine tuning a few historical facts. It's quite a wonderful feeling to have 50 pages in your hands that you've created, I must say.

Well, this weekend isn't too tight with work. I take it one day at a time and this seems to help me get past the rough spots. This and naps.

Speaking of sleep, I don't know if it's the cold, cold air or what but I've been so tired lately. Sleeping more than usual and if I miss a nap, boy can I tell. Well, on to new projects and listening to one's body. I also started to use the recumbent bike...I feel quite a bit better after doing this for about 20 minutes a day.

Well, hope everyone has a good weekend, be kind to your neighbor and don't forget to smile.


Carolee said...

Mr. Nelson is just adorable in his paper hat! Good luck with the art classes - sounds like fun!

~ Carolee

Emily said...

Thanks, Carolee!:) I think the art classes will be a lot of fun, too! :)


Google+ Followers