Cold and Most Depressing day

It's not minus 5 or even 10 degrees. But it is still cold, 24 degrees. I'm tired of it all, to be quite frank and would like to see some warm days coming. I've never really followed the weather before and of late, I've been keeping my eye on local weather because I have to go out in that stuff much more than I ever had. That was one of the best things about homeschooling. Not having to go out unless you really, really had to. Now, I find myself going out every day. This is bothering my nose a lot. Not pretty or comfortable. It was so bad yesterday, I thought for sure I was getting an infection. But after a nap, I felt much better and my sinus pain went away to a dull ouch feeling.

Today is, according to some British Scientists, the most Depressing day of the year and Monday, apparently, was a Blue Monday. So, basically this whole week is depressing...However, I have made it a point to stock a few sparklers in my cupboard and make this day, January 24th, a day when we break the darkness with light.

Dark of Winter

Dark of winter, soft and still, your quiet calm surrounds me
Let my thoughts go where they will; ease my mind profoundly.
And then my soul will sing a song, a blessed song of love eternal.
Gentle darkness soft and still, bring your quiet to me.

Darkness, soothe my weary eyes, that I may see more clearly.
When my heart with sorrow cries, comfort and caress me.
And then my soul may hear a voice, a still, small voice of love eternal.
Darkness, when my fears a-rise, let your peace flow through me.

Meditation by Shelley Jackson Denham

I love this hymn as it gives a sense of acceptance of the dark and our own fears; that we work through them and are not overwhelmed by them. This is one reason why we'll light our sparklers tonight and because it's fun! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts