Snow storms...


Yesterday was cold and had a feeling of pregnant clouds over head. Boy, did this come to pass last night! Sleet, rain, snow and ice...fell from the heavens and froze my car. I couldn't get it unstuck and actually had to cancel with a client. I felt bad about this...but there was no way I could get that thing out. Also, the alleys were frozen/unplowed and least I risk crashing the car into a fence, I was stuck.

Fortunately, I was able to go to a lot of clients (10 hours straight) yesterday, I felt I had done a good job. Surely, I was tired but I still had energy to make two banana breads for the kids and before the snow really came down, had Jon get some emergency supplies. I couldn't believe how much sleet we got. Thankfully, my client is in a care facility and is all right. I had told her if anything happened, I'd call ahead. So, that was a relief. Why does it always seem to be a storm on Saturday night. VERY annoying.

Anyway, after all the driving/worrying/helping of yesterday, I was beat and started to get another ear/sinus infection. Jon got the heating pad out and before I knew it I was asleep with that tucked under my ear. Much better...If I stay outside, I do feel the pain seeping into my head, so I have to limit that. Apparently, I'm not too cold tolerant...Ear muffs, glued to my head, might be called for.

I have another client today and of course, another storm. I hope it's mild. This weather is so harsh at times.

Anyway, I did a lot of catch up today...cleaning, making some food...my eldest daughter threw up all over the car, yesterday but is better today. So, I'm glad it's not the flu...just got a little car sick.

Of course, I didn't do any artwork, yet. I've just been so tired this whole weekend...when I have sinus pressure there is a headache as well. So, I had to do a lot of grin and bear it.

I was really happy I made one woman exclaim, "this is the best egg sandwich!" That was a highlight, I must say.

Comments

Carolee said…
Hi Emily ~ Love the new piece! I'm tagging you for a list of your 25 favorite movies. Have fun...:)

~ Carolee

Popular Posts