November so far away...

I can't believe I forgot to mention I've been writing on this dear blog for 3 years now. Amazing. 3 years of my humble life and a few of the events that have happened. I'm grateful to have a place to share my thoughts and ideas...and I'm very grateful to have met people from all over the world because of this. I also feel glad my family reads this little blog on occasion (wink) and can keep up with the happenings in our lives. Now, if they'd only write a blog, I could do the same! :)

Right now, we're expecting an "Ice storm". We shall see how that one goes as it was supposed to hit this morning but now it's already moved to tomorrow. I'm not being too cynical, just don't feel the need to pull out my hair in fear, I guess. I've decided to worry when I need to. For that reason, I'm glad I don't really watch TV that much (although, I did see a cute show "Life according to Jim" the other night. It was so funny as there was a whole episode about a guinea pig and Jim's conversion to seeing things beyond the money factor...this is a hard one for me too, at times. It was just so fun to see that little piggy...esp. the scene where Jim is cooking food for the guinea pig and he's got the little critter in his apron pocket! I'd love to have a print of that!). Anyway, that was pretty lucky to see something I actually liked on TV.

Today was an up and down day...The kids are doing fine, just a little tired...in fact they're sleeping already (I guess, the cold and getting better from the tummy stuff is having an effect). I doubt they'll stay asleep all night. I did some art and getting my portfolio together for an interview.

Then, we got an email from our friend, D. She's the wife of Jon's b-friend, John W., who passed recently. Today was his birthday and she asked we take some time to send him a prayer/thought, where ever he is. I did. My prayer thought was that he bring comfort to his loved ones. I truly believe this is possible. Often, when I was a child, I'd think about my adopted Grandma Verda looking down from heaven and watching over me. This made me feel better as a child...though, guilty if I did something bad! :) Still, I think John is watching out for us, whispering words of encouragement and bits of humorous wit about the nature of life into our ears.

Another part of me feels like we are reborn into something else entirely. The world is so huge and large, why wouldn't souls be reborn into another being? And if this isn't the case, I do believe we do carry on that person inside of us...hopefully, the good bits and can make our loved ones come alive again by doing those good actions/thoughts. Maybe that's why I feel a thrill when I play a piece of music by Bach or participate in a march for peace. The spirit of that artist/movement becomes alive. Yes, I think that's it...It's the same when I crochet or paint...something is there and becomes alive from the action. I guess the way to make this "living on" is to do the good works our forefathers and mothers did...or our friends and loved ones did/wanted to do.

It's In Every One Of Us

It's in every one of us
To be wise
Find your heart
Open up both your eyes
We can all know everything
Without ever knowing why

It's in every one of us
By and by

It's in every one of us
To be wise
Find your heart
Open up both your eyes
We can all know everything
Without ever knowing why

It's in every one of us
By and by
By and by

Comments

Popular Posts