New day...

Santa, yeah...

My eldest is at home. Tummy upset; poor kid. I'm feeling a bit better, just tired though I slept well. It's a wet damp day and I guess my shoulders/wrists fell it all. achy.

We had to take Kiwi to the vet for her tooth and now I have to give her awful smelling anti-biotic. P U! What a stink. The good thing is they were able to vacuum it right off (the tooth) and she didn't have to be put out for this. Plus, it wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be, thankfully.

I have a few things I need to finish up today and then go to the post office. I guess I feel tired about that...well, and I did a bunch of work last night. I cleaned off the other 1930's style bed and getting it ready to prime. Will be giving it a shabby chic look in white or antique white. I already have one primed and it looks 100 times better. We've had these bed frames in the garage/basement for 4 years and it was time to use them. I'm not too fond of the dark stained look...if we had more light in the house, maybe but I love the feel of light colored furniture. It's refreshing and upbeat. There are few things I wouldn't paint but for the most part, I do like painting furniture.

http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2102679359&size=m

*****************
Jon was saying how he wished there was a Fairytale zoo like the one he remembered when he was a child. So do I! Apparently, there was a small zoo that had forest animals and more that people could visit around here. I wish something like that was close by for the kids. As it is, we haven't been to a zoo in a long time. A trip to Pittsburgh may be in order (2 hours to get to the zoo, good grief).

****************

We went to Baker's Mansion and it was all dolled up for the holidays. Can we say utterly charming? I loved it! Wish I could have stayed for hours but was glad I at least got to go. I'm going to join the Historical Society and be an active member. There is a Women's club...I never checked this out before, but perhaps I will. I have no idea what they do...it sounds so nice and old fashioned, though! :)

*********************
 christmas tree in room
I took a bunch of photos as Baker's Mansion but most were a tad blurry. I should have brought my tripod. Ah, well...

photos

**************

Well, I need to get a few art things started before the gals awake and my time is given to the life of domesticity.

Comments

Popular Posts