Favorite Movie


One of my favorite movies is "Tenant of Wildfell Hall" based on the novel by Anne Bronte. I always felt I could relate to the main character, Helen, because she is an artist and a mother. In the story, however, she is also a single mother which makes her even more compelling and sorrowful that she had to leave an abusive husband. Fortunately, I don't have that problem but I can understand having sorrows and a darker past to amend for.

Eventually, I would like to read (or listen to) the book. I wonder how closely related is the book to the film...

I've found that I really like listening to books on tape...I just finished "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" which is quite good. It's a children's book (though much darker at some points then most children's books) and apparently is going to be made into a film! Wow! I want to get this book for quite a few people...even the CD of the book. I loved it.

I'm nearly done with Practical Magic and then it's off to some Orson Scott Card's book on tape. I just love the library...makes you feel like there is wealth just knowing you can rent all of these things...for free! Glad to see some of our taxes go to something very good.

Well, since buying a few books at the library, we've been reading up a storm. The girls get at least 3 books read a day...some of the books are silly and others are quite profound. I'm so thankful for illustrators/writers. They really give you a sense of hope.

Hope everyone has a good day...we had thunder storms last night and a rush of rain. Amazing, wonderful and little bit frightening. :) I've got a slight headache from the pollen but it's not debilitating.

Next week is a show for Willie Wonka. I think the gals will like this too.

Comments

Popular Posts