4am:Met with the Easter Bunny

We exchanged pleasantries but set right to business...packing two Easter baskets with goodies. As supplies we're short (and I do not like plastic Easter straw...cats will eat this, you know!), I used green tissue paper ripped in strips and various sizes. The Easter Bunny nodded her head in approval and we both smiled when placing the eggs/goodies in the basket. In a blink of an eye we were finished. I nibbled on several malted chocolate eggs (very yum) and the Easter Bunny said she's got to be going. I understood and waved her good bye.

All in all, I think the kids made out this year. Plus, we celebrated Miss Lydia's b-day on Saturday and good grief the pink, the pet shops, the my little ponies and fairies! I may have to build a cupboard to store all these goodies. I also found out an auntie wouldn't mind starting a Pet shop collection of her own! :)

I sometimes feel like the The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes by Du Bose Heyward. If you have not read this book, you should. This is for anyone who has had dreams put to the side, regardless of being a mama or not. It's for the mothers of the world and realizing we can get our dreams if we are open to change and are brave.

**************************
Happy Easter to everyone! Spring is here (even if it is hidden in 28 degrees, snow gusts and half an inch of white on the ground). I have a slight ear infection and sinus pain but am starting to feel better. I think I'll make some mint tea...

Comments

Popular Posts