Wednesday Inspiration


I should really call this forever more Thursday Inspiration but as it is, I'm just going to play along with the Wednesday thing. This week's inspiration is Lea Turto. She is an environmental artist in Central Finland. I stumbled upon her work during a search for mushrooms in art. This piece was created with clay shaped to look like stones and then covered with a mosaic of randomly broken or shaped ceramic pieces.

I love her concept of using natural items/settings and creating new shapes and visual designs in and with nature. And of course, almost anything with mushrooms in art is quite perfect to me. I'm so enamored with the stone mushroom sculptures, I'm thinking of trying something like this myself. I hope you'll find inspiration from Turto's work in nature and with art.

Comments

Popular Posts